Our unique three-step manufacturing process starts with a base fabric created on knitting machines, a polymer coating applied by extrusion machines and all products inspected for quality, then slit and packaged according to customer specifications.
Vintex is currently seeking applicants to join our Production Team in each department – Textiles, Plastics Extrusion, Inspection.
Textiles Machine Operators operate various types of equipment, such as circular knitting machines, and weft insertion and quilting equipment to manufacture our in-house fabrics.
Plastics Team Members operate extrusion, top coat, and other related compounding equipment to coat textiles with a variety of vinyl compounds to meet customer specifications.
Inspectors are responsible for inspecting the final product, removing defects, and finalizing the preparation of orders as per the customer specifications, including slitting the product to the required widths and wrapping and building skids of product accordingly.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Computer literacy
- Ability to perform moderate lifting
- Ability to observe product quality deficiencies
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts
- Ability to drive a forklift (we will train)
- Must be able to wear a respirator periodically
- Desire to be part of a successful team
- Great work ethic, attitude, and attendance
- Written and oral communication skills
- Proven reading comprehension
- Organization and time management skills
- Starting hourly wages range from $17.00 – $19.50 plus night shift premiums
- All on-the-job training is provided, including forklift certification.
- Attractive Benefit Packages: Health and Dental, STD and LTD, ADD and Life Insurance, Pension Plan, Bi-annual Profit Sharing, with additional Health and Wellness Program, Community Involvement Program
- All positions are full time, permanent with wage and skills-learning progression
- Vintex is a clean, non-unionized, safety-conscious facility and does not run assembly lines
Vintex is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for disabilities is available for all parts of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.