The Machine Technician / Quality Trainer is responsible to help ensure the continuous operation of knitting and other related equipment used in the manufacture of textile substrates by providing functional, technical and machine maintenance expertise. In addition, the team member is responsible for textiles quality training and ensuring product quality standards are achieved.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in a technical or related field and/or experience in a related field is considered an asset.
- Must understand and be able to apply mechanical concepts and principles to solve problems.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 Procedures.
- Computer literacy including Word, Excel and manufacturing software (i.e., Quilter programming).
- Previous experience operating craning equipment is an asset.
- Familiarity with WHMIS and SDS information.
- Familiarity in textile theory specifically warp and weft knitting applications is an asset.
- Great attitude, work ethic and eager to learn.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and proven reading comprehension skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Shares Vintex’s Values of Customer Focus, Meaningful Contribution, Integrity, Continuous Improvement and Innovation, and Teamwork.
- Hourly wage starts at $19.50
- Attractive Benefit Packages: Health and Dental, STD and LTD, ADD and Life Insurance, Pension Plan, Bi-annual Profit Sharing with additional Health and Wellness Program, Community Involvement Program and Family Tuition Program benefits
- All positions are full time and permanent subject to a 90-day probationary period
- Vintex does not run assembly lines
Vintex Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for disabilities is available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.