Founded in 1957, our purpose has always been to create success for our customers. Vintex is synonymous with consistent product quality, highly responsive service and product innovation. These attributes were established long ago and have been constantly refined.
Originally founded as Zelco Rubber & Plastics, a knife-over-roll coater located in Montreal, the company moved to Candiac, Quebec and purchased our first extrusion coating line in 1967.
In 1971, then known as National Vintex, the company purchased a new foam coating line and added new urethane and vinyl formulation capabilities. Five years later, National Vintex left the province of Quebec and became Vintex Inc., settling into a new home on Royce Avenue in Brampton, Ontario. In the early eighties, as growth continued, Vintex required more space and moved to Gana Court in Mississauga, Ontario. Here, a second extrusion line was added along with automated compounding capabilities.
Once again Vintex outgrew its facility and in 1995 purchased its current 157,000 ft² facility in Mount Forest, Ontario. Vintex entered the new millennium as a diverse, vertically-integrated company with a multi-decade track record of great products and services supported by the best team in the industry. This record of performance was recognized when Vintex was named as one of Canada’s 50 Best Private Managed Companies in 1999, 2000, and 2001 by the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Arthur Anderson and The National Post.
Throughout our history, product innovation has been the cornerstone of Vintex. Recent capital investments in research and product development capabilities have enabled us to offer new polymers, including thermoplastic polyolefin’s, polyurethanes, and other elastomers. Further investments in people and process have significantly enhanced our value proposition.
We will continue to further expand and create success for our customers in an increasingly global environment.